Ordinary is just plain average. Exactly like everyone else. Not standing out or being unique. Not disrupting the status quo and blending in. Simply fitting in.
Although fitting in may seem like the right thing to do, it’s not! Being like everyone else leads to feelings of insecurity and inadequacy simply because you are not living up to your full potential.
Being ordinary is merely living life day-by-day, just “making it” and being like all the other ordinary people in the world.
If you are tired of living your life as an “average” person, now is the time to live an extraordinary life. Now is the time to put on your superhero outfit and claim that you will be extraordinary.
A Great Kind of Extraordinary
To be extraordinary, you need to start living a life in which you fulfill your life purpose. You need to set goals and work hard to achieve them. You must seek and find satisfaction. You must do those things that bring you happiness. You must focus on completing tasks that thrill and excite you. You must take on projects that amaze you and surround yourself with extraordinary people who support you!
What you can’t do is give in to excuses. They are simply a way to keep you immobilized and average.
Some common excuses that ordinary people use to stay average are:
- I have no energy, time or money.
- I am too sick.
- I am too busy.
- I don’t know where to start.
- I can’t do it on my own.
- I don’t have support.
- My family and friends will laugh at me or be embarrassed.
- It’s just too much trouble.
In contrast, extraordinary people have a different mindset. They say:
- I have all the energy, time and resources I need to be successful.
- I may not be entirely well but I’m getting better every day.
- I am never too busy to fulfill my goals.
- I will master one area that will lead me to success and then I will pursue another.
- I will support and love myself.
- I will be my own best friend.
- I don’t care what others think of my goals. I will achieve greatness anyway.
- Anything worth having is worth pursuing!
So, the question remains, which one are you? Will you cop out or will you march forward to be extraordinary?
March, baby, march!
Here are some ways to ensure success as an extraordinary person:
- Start dreaming big. Think of everything you can and will accomplish and see them manifesting in your mind. You can’t step out until you have decided what it is you want to reach for. Think big and achieve even bigger.
- Talk to other successful people. Talk to people who are truly living the dream. Ask them about their successes and failures. Pick their brains. Ask them for advice and stay away from people who don’t have a clue. Soar with the eagles and leave the chickens alone.
- Brainstorm on ways to make your dream a reality. Figure out how to improve your skills so you can manifest your goals. Take a few courses, conduct online and offline research, or simply do what you must do to succeed.
- Start slow but remain committed. Move toward your goals every day. Every day you work at making your dreams happen, the closer you get to the prize!
Finally, if you must learn something, let it be this: Embrace your unique talents and gifts. Support and love yourself. Make a conscious effort to step outside your comfort zone and try something new. Even if you fall flat on your face or someone laughs, you can still get up and succeed. In the end, you’ll be the one laughing when your cream comes out on top. The important thing is that you went after your goals and persevered.